In using the soap, made from saponified organic virgin coconut oil, I was surprised by how much lather you get from such a little amount of soap. Tropical Traditions does recommend against using the Bar Soaps, Shampoo Bar or Liquid foaming Soaps on the face as they can be very drying. Although I would suggest you follow Tropical Traditions recommendation, I still have combination/oily facial skin and have been using it with no problem. However, I do follow it either with small amounts of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil or, when oil is not appropriate, the Unscented Moisturizing Lotion. My skin feels very clean after using the soap.
The Unscented Moisturizing Lotion, made from Virgin Coconut Oil and Virgin Palm Oil, I found to be pretty rich, with just the slightest hint of a coconut scent. I can use it sparingly, right from the bottle for my body, but for my face, I have to thin it with a bit more water. Once it soaks in, my skin feels so nice and smooth. Tropical Traditions lotions as well as their creams and lip balms contain no alcohols, no artificial fragrances, and no petroleum products. In fact, look at the ingredients of the Unscented Moisturizing Lotion: purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba, emulsifying wax (plant based, no soy), grapefruit seed extract, and virgin palm oil. Pretty simple.
Visit Tropical Traditions to learn more about the products they sell, and to learn more about how Tropical Traditions was founded, you can watch the video How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil - An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions
Thanks to Tropical Traditions you have a chance to win a bar of Unscented Coconut Oil Soap AND a bottle of Unscented Moisturizing Lotion. If you're fragrance sensitive like me, now would be the perfect time to give it a try.
Mandatory: check out Tropical Traditions and comment with something you learned about Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil or Virgin Palm Oil.
Extra entries (Leave separate comments for each entry. If it says 2 entries, leave 2 comments):
- Sign up for Tropical Traditions newsletter for 2 entries. Leave the email address used for the newsletter, if different from the one used for this giveaway.
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter for 1 entry, leave user name
- Tweet this giveaway using: "Tropical Traditions Unscented Coconut Oil Soap and Unscented Moisturizing Lotion giveaway @vlbsweeps @troptraditions http://bit.ly/2XgVby ". This can be done daily, leave the link to the tweet in your comment.
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this giveaway and to Tropical Traditions for 2 entries, leave direct link
- Open to those 18 years of age or older
- Open to US residents
- Entries are per person
- Email must available in profile or be in comment
- Winners chosen by random.org and notified by email
- Winner has 3 days to claim, if prize is not claimed within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen
- The prize will be shipped by the sponsor
Special Offer for First-Time Tropical Traditions Customers